Client Portal 2021 Release Notes
The most recent updates to Client Portal include:
Improved Events Calendar with US IPOs
The redesigned Events Calendar can help you stay on top of current and upcoming economic and corporate events for companies around the globe. Use filters to view only companies in your portfolio and Watchlists, limit the events display to specific types, like corporate actions, corporate events, economic events, US IPOs, Econoday events and more. Or, turn off filters and see more. Use the calendar to choose the view; see events for today, or view past and future events. Other enhancements include:
- The ability to change how events are listed. List events chronologically or by event category
- The addition of a detailed Event Report for Econoday events. Select an event from the list, and see the report in the pop-up sidecar.
- The addition of Economic Events and Earnings Calendar tiles in the Daily Lineup. Content in the Daily Lineup uses default settings, not the settings you define in your Event Calendar.
The latest addition - detailed IPO data from Renaissance Capital LLC - makes it easy to track upcoming US IPOs scheduled to start trading today, tomorrow, next week and beyond. Use filters to decide whether you want to see all upcoming IPOs, or only those related to companies in your portfolio and Watchlists. Select an IPO headline for a snapshot of valuable IPO data and insights from Renaissance Capital LLC including filed and trade date, IPO price, deal size, market cap at offer, shares offered, total shares and more.
To open the Events Calendar, select an asset from your Portfolio or a Watchlist, and click the expand arrow from the Events tile in the Quote Details panel to the right of the chart. From the list of actions and events toggle on the IPOs feature. Use the Only Show My Companies toggle to set display filters. Select a date from the calendar to see that day's scheduled IPOs.
Portfolio Improvements and more
- Several portfolio improvements including the addition of a new Cash Report tab.
- Added condensed view for Watchlists and Portfolio. Use the arrow to expand and contract views.
- Improve trading for Warrants by adding support to search using ISIN or WARSCODE.
- Now add derivative contracts in the top Menu bar.
Clients with individual brokerage accounts in the US now have the ability to seamlessly trade Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH) through IBKR's professional grade desktop platform and intuitive mobile and web platforms.
Cryptocurrency trade execution and custody are provided by Paxos Trust Company, a regulated New York limited trust company that affords investors secure technology and a high level of protection.
To Request Cryptocurrency Trading Permission:
- Log in to Client Portal
- Click the Head/Shoulders icon in the upper right corner of the home page
- Click Manage Account
- Click the Configure (gear) icon next to Trading Experience Permissions
- Click the drop-down menu for "Additional Products"
- Select "Cryptocurrencies"
- Click "Continue"
- Read and acknowledge Legal Documents / Disclosures
- Click Continue
Once trading permissions are approved, trade in Client Portal by selecting Trade and then Crypto. Search for the cryptocurrency, enter your order details and click "Submit Buy Order" to place the trade.
As an IBKR client, you have the unique opportunity to trade products in 135 markets around the world. The Trade Worldwide news feed makes it easier for you to discover new products that may complement your current investment strategy. Based on your current portfolio and trading habits, the Trade Worldwide feed presents a list of actionable, potential global investments picked just for you. Click Related Tickers at the bottom of any news story to trade the product or add to your Watchlist.
Trade Worldwide is available in Client Portal from the Discover menu.
Spot Your Next Opportunity with Interactive Brokers and TradingView
We have teamed up with TradingView, a social network of 30 million traders and investors using the world's best charts and tools to spot opportunity in global markets, to provide you with free stock charts, stock quotes, and trade ideas.
TradingView charts are available in the Quote Details screen in Client Portal for any stock symbol. Coming soon to all our trading platforms.
Use the Strategy Builder in the Option Chain to create multi-leg options strategies. Add a strategy to a Watchlist, see the Risk Profile, or Trade directly from the strategy screen. Access by clicking Option Chain from the Quote Details screen.
Easily set up an exit strategy for your orders using the Exit Strategy link at the bottom of the Order Ticket. Define a bracket order to capture profit (Profit Taker) and help minimize loss (Stop Loss). Use one or both orders and modify as needed.
Search Improvements with Added Information
The search bar has been enhanced to provide additional information on a contract. After the contract search has been returned, click in the search bar (labeled "Search Inside") to see a drop-down list of useful information on the contract, including fundamentals, news and more.
Mutual Fund Scanner
From the Markets menu select Mutual Fund Scanner to set filters and search for Fund Families. Click Download to XLS to download your results into Excel.
IBKR Launches US Spot Gold Trading
You can now trade US spot gold (TWS: USGOLD)1 in amounts as small as one ounce, side-by-side with other asset classes, from your Interactive Brokers account.
US GOLD transactions have low and transparent tiered commissions from 0.7 bps to 1.5 bps of trade value with a minimum of $2.00 and are priced with tight spreads. Interactive Brokers clients can request some or all of their US GOLD positions in one-ounce increments for physical delivery in the United States.
Metals trading permission is needed to trade this product. To add this permission:
- Log in to Client Portal
- Click Settings Account Settings (Home page footer)
- Click the "Configure" (gear) icon next to Trading Experience Permissions
- Click the drop-down menu for "Additional Products"
- Select "Metals"
- In the pop-up, select "United States" and click Save
- Click Continue
After receiving Metals trading permission, you can begin trading USGOLD. If you are trading from Client Portal, click Trade Commodities, search for "USGOLD," enter your order details, and click "Submit Buy Order" to place the trade.
Also in this release:
- Redesigned Menus: Hidden side menus are now available at the top of the Client Portal interface for better transparency and ease of access. In addition, we moved the frequently used User Settings and Account Settings menus to the top right corner – simply click the Welcome avatar to access User Settings and Manage Account features.
- FAQ Help in IBKR Forum: If you haven't visited the IBKR Forum in a while, it's worth another look! Use the new IBKR Help menu to view FAQs related to the top searched-on topics in the forum.
- Feature Poll Redesign: Have a great idea for our platform you would like to share with us? The newly designed feature poll has been completely reimagined to make it easier for you to tell us your ideas, and easier for us to review, implement, and track them.
- Hot News: See why certain contracts are on the move with Hot News. Look for the flame icon to quickly see breaking news in Contract Details, Quote Monitor and the Hot News feed.
The latest updates to Client Portal let you:
- Add custom tickers to the indices ticking along the top navigation bar. Use the More menu (three horizontal dots) and select Custom.
- Quickly set an alert on an asset using the new bell icon in the Quote Details page.
- Customize Watchlists by adding, removing and rearranging columns. From a Watchlist, use the More menu (three horizontal dots) and select Edit Columns.
- Manage the Mobile Trading Assistant (MTA), used to notify you of market, account, position and order activities, from within the Client Portal FYI Notifications Settings. Note that you need to specify a valid email address to receive Trading Assistant and Price Alerts. Use the Delivery Options tab (last entry
The latest updates to Client Portal include:
Impact Dashboard: Use the Impact Dashboard to evaluate and potentially adjust your portfolio to invest in companies whose responsible world view coincides with your own. Choose the impact values and principles that are important to you, like Racial Equality and No Animal Testing. Then let the Impact Dashboard analyze and grade your portfolio based on how your positions align with your principles. The dashboard even shows how each individual investment is helping or hurting your overall Portfolio Impact Score. By viewing companies through an "impact lens" of your own design, you can clearly see whether their socially-responsible goals and principles line up with yours. Find out more by reading the Impact Dashboard White Paper.
Social Sentiment: Now you can see current and trending market sentiment scores for companies in your Watchlists and Portfolio with social sentiment data from Social Market Analytics Inc. (SMA). Data is derived from the content and volume of unique Tweets, which have been triple-filtered for relevance and credibility from the daily Twitter stream of over 500 million Tweets. Find out more by reading the Social Market Analytics White Paper.