Client Portal 2022 Release Notes
December 2022: Discover Opportunities; Reorganized Fundamentals Explorer
Discover ideas and new markets for potential investments using the Discover tool. Discover is your link to market-defining third-party content selected specifically to help you improve your success as a trader. Currently Discover supports content from Trading Central, a "premium, one stop shop for investment decision support." Find Discover in the Research menu, and select the third party data you'd like to see, for example Trading Central. Use the sub-tabs to find out more.
Trading Central data includes:
- Market Buzz: The bubble display overcomes the problems of having too much information to process and too much scrolling to contend with. Quickly see what's been happening and which companies are being talked - the bigger the bubble, the greater the buzz. Hold your mouse over bubble to see exactly how many mentions. Click a bubble to dive deeper into the the selected asset with in-depth News Analytics and expanded Sentiment data.
- Technical Insight: Optimize your strategies with this perfect combination of actionable analysis, education, and alerts. The Technical Score provides directional information with the outlook (bullish, neutral, bearish) over different timeframes. Additionally, see a small educational blurb the describes what the data is telling you!
- Technical Views: Using a combination of automated algorithms and expertise from senior analysts, Trading Central's Technical Views monitors the markets for recognizable patterns that could help you create a successful trading plan. Technical Views is useful whether you're looking for your next trading idea, or want a second opinion on an idea you want to implement.
- Featured Ideas: This widget scans the universe of trading ideas and only delivers those that match your style. How does it know? Define your style in Customized Settings (using the gear icon on the top right). Set your filters like exchanges, asset types, bullish or bearish opportunities, timelines and more. See the list of assets gathered in real-time, along with the strategy match and historical return.
- Value Analyzer: See if a stock is considered to be underpriced (relative to its intrinsic value) with the Value Analyzer. Find a specific stock, or use the Value Screener to set criteria and scan for stocks that meet them. Or, get ideas by browsing pre-screened value stocks using the criteria you set in the Value Screener. Find out more about Value Investing in the Education section of the analyzer.
Check back often as we continue to add more third-party content to the Discover tool!
Fundamentals Explorer Updates
We've reorganized the Trading Central data offered in Fundamentals Explorer. We've created a new "Trading Central" tab and now include sub-tabs, including:
- Technical Insight
- Technical Views
- Market Buzz
Find Fundamentals Explorer in the Research menu.
- Learn & Earn: Earn commissions credits by completing Traders' Academy courses in the Client Portal. Find Learn & Earn in the Education menu. Find out more in the Client Portal Users' Guide.
- Recurring Investments: Define instructions to invest in specific assets at a specified interval. Find Recurring Investments on the Trade menu. Your account must have fractional share trading enabled. Find out more in the Knowledge Base article.
- Global Search Improvements for Bonds: It's easier than ever to find bonds. Just type the company name or enter the Issuer ID for immediate results!
- Corporate Action Manager link: Now all users can quickly access the Corporate Action Manager directly from their Portfolio.
- Advisor Portal Enhanced Menu: We've made the menus easier to use by reorganizing and consolidating content, and by allowing users to switch to a hamburger menu. We also redesigned the dashboard and client profile screens to show the most relevant and actionable information on top, like clients' on-boarding status.
- Ability to access the Paxos Crypto Plus web app to trade cryptocurrencies 24/7. Requires trading permissions.
- The Performance Profile was added to Strategy Builder.
- Your account alias will now display throughout Client Portal.
- PortfolioAnalyst has been enabled for Paper accounts.
- Access the EventTrader web app to trade your opinion on key markets by answering a yes/no question.
- We redesigned the navigation menu for Advisor/Master Portal to make it easier to use.
- Made improvements to orders by preventing submission when order price is missing.
- We enabled snapshot refresh for consolidated market data.
- PortfolioAnalyst has been enabled for Paper accounts.
- Free Trial accounts can now access Client Portal.
The most recent updates to Client Portal include:
- Option Exercise: Display enhancement that now shows a warning message about egregious options exercise/lapse requests.
- PortfolioAnalyst: Updates to menu navigation.
- Corporate Action notifications will go to Message Center instead of the Corporate Actions Manager.
- You can now elect to add a multi-leg combination order to a Watchlist using the Add to Watchlist feature.
Client Portal now supports the ability to exercise/lapse long options positions. To take action on long options in your portfolio, from the Trade menu select Exercise/Lapse Options. Alternatively, select the position from your portfolio and find the Exercise/Lapse button in the Order Ticket.
The list of long positions is presented, each with an associated in-the-money (ITM) or out-of-the-money (OTM) tag and “Optimal Action” field with “Hold” or “Exercise” entry. Dividend-paying positions that may be affected by early exercise show a yellow “lightening” icon next to them. These positions are also tagged in your portfolio. Mouse over the icon to find out whether exercising this option early to collect the dividend is projected to be beneficial..
To exercise an out-of-the money option you must first select Allow Exercise, which indicates that you understand that exercising an out-of-the money option will result in a monetary loss. You will only see this preference if you select an OTM options position.
If you elect to exercise, the request can be cancelled up until the time of exercise which generally occurs by the morning of the next business day but may occur sooner. If desired, you can specify that an option exercise request be immediately final (non-editable and cannot be canceled) by checking Make Final. Selecting this preference allows for immediate delivery of the underlying stock into your account and immediate closing of the option position. Note that some contracts will not follow this rule and will remain revocable up until the clearing house deadline.
To exercise an option
- Select the option position using the Exercise/Lapse Options tool from the Trade menu, or from your Portfolio.
- Select the options position on which you want to take action.
- Select the number of contracts you’d like to exercise. The remainder will be held.
- If the option is OTM, toggle on Allow Exercise.
- If desired, toggle on Make Final.
- Submit the order.